The Madness of Hope

The Other Guy in The Story

Two days ago I posted a blog titled The Day My Daddy Cried. It was all about my dad but not very flattering the the guy in my story.

I posted the story on Facebook forgetting 'the guy' was a Facebook Friend. We befriended each other over a year ago but never comment on each others status.

Then, to my utter horror and embarrassment, he read my blog and left a comment on my Facebook Wall! Crawling under a hole was not an option as there are no holes big enough around here. The sentences kept replaying in my brain yesterday from my blog: "I don't even remember likeing him that well", "He was one of the few white guys left in Ndola" and more!

So this post is for Tom. Please forgive me if I offended you. I was thirteen and wanted to punish my parents for moving me back to Zambia. This story was about my dad and me. You are a great guy and I wish you only the best.

Besides, I heard through the grape vine last year that I wasn't the one you really liked anyway. It was Cyndee!