The Madness of Hope

The Perfect Gift

Tomorrow I accompany her to the Doctor.
I joke and say we are going Easter Egg Hunting. But it is no joke.
At forty-two she is undergoing in vitro fertilization, hoping for her first baby. She has faced heartache as she tried for years to get pregnant, only to miscarry last year.
After months of ups and downs, her emotions run raw with fear, hope, and disillusionment. She has vacillated between faith and anger, trust and questioning God.
And so I take my beautiful friend and pray that she will be blessed with the perfect gift. I ask God to allow the healthy eggs be harvested, fertilized and grown. I pray that one tiny, microscopic egg will grow to be the present she has always wanted.
Will you lift up a prayer for my friend as well?

Linked with Five Minute Friday as we write for five minutes on the word GIFT. No editing. If you want to read more posts on GIFT, go here.

On Your Heart Tuesday link is open until Friday midnight.Come link your post!