The Madness of Hope

The Birth Of A Vision

In the African culture, women do not have a voice. They attend church services but do not give testimonies, ask questions nor have a say in discussions. The need to minister directly to them was weighing heavy on my heart.
In October of 2010, I was able to participate in a Pastor/Pastor Wives Conference in Rwanda and a Leadership Conference in Zimbabwe.

While in Harare, Zimbabwe, we held a Women’s Tea, at which my vision was confirmed, as something needed in their culture. After I spoke, we opened the floor to questions and comments. It was an hour before we called it to a close and there were many more with things to say.

When God lays a burden on your heart that He does not release you from, it is time to act. After almost a year of praying, I wrote a letter asking the local Pastor about coming to minister specifically to women and he jumped at the idea, saying the church had not done a good job of equipping women in that country.
After praying for God to lay on my heart the women to minister with me, we now have a team of seven ladies heading to Zimbabwe in October to do a conference on “Equipping Women for Effective Ministry: in the home, church and community”.
My passion has always been for teaching God’s Word, especially to women. God used that passion and is growing something way bigger than me. He has already laid it on my heart to take a team next year that includes younger women and girls. They will minister to the daughters and younger women attending the conference and, at the same time, it will be an opportunity for us to mentor them!
What is your passion? Have you prayed for God to lay a vision on your heart for how He wants to use that passion to grow His kingdom? Begin praying now. It may take weeks, months, or even years to prepare you for what He has in store but he will use a willing heart!