The Madness of Hope

How Does Sin Make You Feel?

How does sin make you feel?

Sometimes it can make us laugh.

At times we get angry, especially when it's rights infringe on others.

Maybe sin makes us feel uncomfortable, afraid of getting caught in it's snare.

Sometimes we are repulsed.

As I walked the boardwalk, my eyes were drawn to those passed out on the ground, hungover from the effects of their unhealthy lifestyle. I laughed at the man who told me I was a beautiful sight for his eyes. The young man dancing, high, to the sounds in his head caused me to smile. Smells of weed caused to shake my head as I wondered at the openness of it all. Men in green overalls stood outside the Doctor offices enticing people to enter. I wanted to take a photo, thinking, "Only here!".

Then I left and sadness filled my heart. All I could think about was the hopelessness of a world without Jesus. I want to go back. I want to tell the man that beauty comes from the heart and God sees beauty in all of us. I want to tell the young man that Jesus will give him something to dance about. And I want to share the real 'high' that only the presence of God can provide.

Today, sin makes me feel sad.

Linked with Emily