The Madness of Hope

Beyond The Here And Now

We so often see only where our life is now : our broken dreams, our illnesses, the consequences of bad choices (either those we have made or that others have made for us), and the list goes on. Our vision is limited to the here and now.
Yet God sees into the future. He knows what we can become and where we will be. He KNOWS the plans He has for us (Jeremiah 29:11) There is no way, we in our humanness, can see what He sees.
So we get caught up in the NOW.
But God sees BEYOND our hurts to where He will take us and how he will use us. As Jeremiah 18:4 says, “And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again in to another vessel, as seemed good to the potter.”
God sees BEYOND the here and now! He may have to smash us and start over to make us who He needs us to be if we have strayed too far. Or maybe He just needs some squishing or cutting here and there. Either way we have to be willing to let Him do His work in us. The outcome will be a vessel He will use, one full of good and beauty.
I’m so thankful I can trust Him with my life, my future, my children, my dreams and my heart. I’m joining Lisa Jo for Five Minute Friday as we write for five minutes on the word BEYOND. Then we post: no editing or proofreading. Hop on over to her site to read more posts!!!