The Madness of Hope

The Week

A week ago today we brought Adrianna home with hospice care. It has been a week of ups and downs. This photo was taken on day one. Today she lies in her bed, far different.

We have cried, laughed, worshiped and sang her favorite songs over and over and over. There is a group of 7 that has stayed at the house the whole time. We drink coffee all day and night, sleep on the living room floor, rush to her room when she calls and love on her the best we can her last few days.

There is so much going going through my weary mind that I cannot begin to share. So, I open this blog hop open today, telling you that Adrianna is on my heart. She has consumed me this week so my blog has been set aside. When my thoughts are more clear and my head grasps the words to write, I will share. Today however, there are no words.

Please remember Adrianna in your prayers. Pray she goes quickly, for that is her desire. Many times, when we were called in, led to believe she was in her last moments, we worshiped, prayed and cried. Then she would open her beautiful eyes and say, "This is taking soooo long!" That is our Adrianna.

Other Posts on Adrianna:
When Enough Is Enough
Going Home
The First Week of Hospice
The Family
Dancing With Jesus