The Madness of Hope

The Need To Die - Plus ONHT link open

Being praised in the streets of Jerusalem with the ‘Waving of Palm Branches’ was not the glorification that Jesus sought.
He said, “It is time for the Son of Man to be glorified. I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the round and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies it becomes many seeds.” John 12:23-24
It was time for Christ to die. He knew it was ‘for this time that he came to earth,’ (verse 27) and He was willing to die so that he could draw all men to God.

I think, “I am but a seed.” Dying is a continual process for a Christian.
Have I died enough? If I had fallen to the ground more in love for God, in humble servant hood to my husband, in putting my needs and desires aside; would my boys have seen Jesus lifted higher? Would they be following Him now? Would others who have crossed my path have believed and been saved?
What of today? What do I need to die to for Jesus to be lifted up? If one falls to the ground, they make themselves nothing. They put aside all pride and desire for glory. It is in lying prostate on the ground that we come in humble obedience and sacrifice to God.
My heart longs to die so that it can ‘produce many seeds’. My life here on earth is worth nothing if men and women and sons are not drawn into a saving relationship with my Savior.
I pray God will show me daily where I need to die to myself. May He strip me of all pride and desire for glory. May He make me a submissive wife and loving friend. May His words be mine as I speak and write. May I be willing to die to self and live for Him.
May seeds be scattered.