The Madness of Hope

White Lies and Disney Fast Passes

They stumbled through the door, kicking off shoes and dropping jackets on the floor.

“How was Disney?” I asked.
“Awesome!”
“Were the lines long?”
“No! We got fast passes so we didn’t have to wait in line.”
“How did that happen?”
“We went to City Hall and told them we had an overactive bladder and they gave us passes.”
“So, do you have an overactive bladder?”
“No.”

“Then, that was a lie.”
“But Billy and Beth do that!” Billy (being Graham) and Beth (being Moore), both examples of outstanding kids in the youth group.
“So,” I ask, “Does that make it right?”
Shugs.
Really? These are ‘good’ Christian kids. Yet, it appears that white lies are all right.
When does white become gray, and gray become black? When do lies become sin?
Maybe I am black and white, but I see ‘sin’ as ‘sin’.
Besides, you tell me a small lie, how do I know if you will tell the truth when it comes to the important things?
“Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.” Luke 16:10 (NIV)
May our mouths only utter words that are truthful!