The Madness of Hope

My Private Garden

I have a private garden where only the most beautiful of flowers and hardiest of trees are planted. There is a mix of textures, colors, height and fullness. Only the best soil was used in cultivating this garden and daily it is tended to by the most loving of hands.

In the middle is a tree; an oak tree; the tree of righteousness. It requires daily pruning to cut off any branch that has become disconnected and has begun to show signs of stress or discoloration.

All sorts of fruit trees have been grafted into this tree. There is love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, kindness and self-control. It is fertilized daily to keep these fruits in season and they bear fruit year round.

Along the edges of my garden are flowers of all colors, species and beauty. I love the white daises as they represent pureness. The red roses are cut daily and given to friends to show love. Morning glories creep up the fence to remind me that His mercies are new every morning. The hibiscus is full in hopes that my lips would always flow forth in praise and gracious words.

There is a nourishing river running through the garden and the sound of the waterfall creates a soothing sense of peace.

Weeds grow up and tending to them is a never ending process to ensure they don’t choke the life out of my carefully sowed garden. Nor do I want them to grow and distract from the heavenly, lush beauty. Once they take root it is difficult to eliminate them.

With my eyes closed I can visualize my garden. Yet, the human eye cannot see it as my garden is private, within the walls of my heart. It is the planting of the Lord. He is the gatekeeper and this is the only place I am truly alone with Him.

I let others in at times. I share the fruit and the flowers.

But this is my own private garden and I love my time there with The Gardener.

Linking with Debbie at Heart Choices