The Madness of Hope

The Good And The Bad

Are you in a trial right now? Are you suffering from a physical illness or in a marriage that is not going well? Do you have rebellious children or are you out of work?

Sometimes we are in extremely difficult situations and call upon the Lord over and over to release us. We do not see any logical reason why God would leave us there. Yet, we are called to trust God and believe the scripture that says, “All things work together for the good to those who love God and are called according to His purpose.”
I am reminded of Philippians 1:12—14 where Paul said, “I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel. As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ. Because of my chains, most of the brothers in the Lord have been encouraged to speak the word of God more courageously and fearlessly.”
Paul saw how God used his imprisonment to give boldness to others in the same situation.
This reminds me of the verse that says, “All discipline seems not to be pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.” Hebrews 12:11

Then in 1 Peter 1:6-7 we read, "In this we greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.
Whether our trials are discipline or just a part of life, we can take comfort that God is behind the scenes and at work.
Think on the hardships you have faced in the past and list the good that came of it. Now, look at what you are currently going throug. Try to name something good that is coming through your pain. If you cannot think of anything, pray for God to lay that on your heart. Or, just praise Him in advance that He will bring good of your situation.
I have found that if I do this, it makes the load a little lighter to bear and gives me a bit of peace. We can find God's hand in everything if we are willing to look.
For my thoughts on the next Phil 1:15-18, go here.

In joining Ann at A Multitude on Mondays, I thank God for:
the vulnerabilities of friends sharing struggles
that orange, my favorite color, is in style
a hike with a friend
a mission team that works so well together
the possibility of a new opportunity
the 'laugh till your face hurts' kind of fun I had with friends watching a Chonda Pierce video
cherrios for supper
my friend's 21 year old son's cancer in remission