The Madness of Hope

Repaying Good For Evil Part 2/ On Your Heart Tuesday Blog Hop

My last post was a story of Watchman Nee and how the Christians in China were encouraged to do more than turn the other cheek and forgive seventy times seven. They were challenged to go the extra mile in serving and loving those who stole from them, insulted them or offended them: to repay evil with good.

I have so much to learn in this area. I really try not to retaliate and think I do a pretty good job. But I don't go the extra mile in loving those who hurt me.

We've all been hurt, I'm not the only one. Most people who hurt us do so only because we give them that place of importance or love in our hearts. So, it takes a lot of heart to reach out and love back. For, in loving, we open up our hearts to be hurt again.

Yet, that is what Jesus did. He loved us so much that he was beaten, tortured and killed for us. How have I hurt Jesus today and this past week? How many times have I chosen sleep or work over time with Him? How many times have I rejected the hard teachings in His Word. In disobeying, I have turned my back on the One who opened his heart most to me.

This week, I am committed to loving God more, and to going out of my way to love those who have hurt or criticized me. And, the more I make love an active part of my mind, the more it will be come a part of my heart, slowly becoming a habit.

That is what is on my heart today. What is on yours? Please link your post, leave a comment, and read the link posted before yours. If you could kindly link back to this post, it will help grow this blog hop.