The Madness of Hope

Temples and Idols in Thailand

I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. You shall have no other gods before me. Exodus 20:2-3

Do not turn away after useless idols. They can do you no good, nor can they rescue you, because they are useless. 1 Samuel 12:21

You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. you shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God. Exodus 20:4-5

What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said; "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people." "Therefore come out of them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing and I will receive you." "I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty." 2 Corinthians 6:16-18

I am the Lord; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols. Isaiah 42:8

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation... For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross. Colossians 1:13,19,20

Where is YOUR worship going today?