The Madness of Hope

Thank You, I Feel Blessed

I feel so blessed today because of all of my 'Blog' friends. There were so many emails, prayers, and comments on my last post regarding my biopsy: so many that I cannot respond personally to them all. You do not know how special you are becoming to me: all my 'internet' friends. (Something we could never had enjoyed twenty years ago.) My heart goes out to all of you.

I hope to get the final results soon but the preliminary results shows suspicious follicular neoplasm of the thyroid and my Dr. said my thyroid needs to come out as, even if no cancer shows up in the coming days, it is inevitable that it will. That said, I feel blessed to have caught this early.

My main decision is in regard to my trip to India and Africa from Oct 6th. to Nov. 5th. My dad is adamant I have my thyroid removed first! I'm forty nine and still feel like I should obey him after all these years! (love that man) My husband returns from Africa tomorrow and we can decide what is best.

THEN: today I received a package from Joan at Reflections of His Grace. What perfect timing and what a sweet gift from a giveaway she hosted on her blog. There was a beautiful picture, shown above, that says, "Peace I leave with you, my PEACE I give you.", along with the devotional God In The Moment by Ann Voskamp. All this was from Dayspring. Joan, thank you so much for letting God use you to encourage me.