The Madness of Hope

Five Minute Friday: Welcome

Want to take five minutes with me and just write without worrying if it’s just right or not. Here’s how we do it: This Friday Lisa-Jo has prompted us to write for five minutes on the subject of "Welcome."

1. Write for 5 minutes flat with no editing, tweaking or self critiquing. 2. Link back here and invite others to join in {you can grab the button code in my right side bar} 3. Go and tell the person who linked up before you what their words meant to you. Every writer longs to feel heard. GO.
I miss the days when there was always a ‘Welcome’ sign on the front door. Welcome meant, “Come in. I’m glad you are here. Let me put on the coffee so we can talk.” Welcome signs now mean more, “Call before you come. Better call a few days ahead of time because I am busy. Please do not drop by unannounced.” I pray people feel welcomed when they enter my front door. And, if I do not feel happy to see them, may they will not sense that: but rather feel that they are wanted in my home, that I always have time to talk, and that nothing is more important to me than sharing a cup of coffee with a friend. No matter if my kitchen is clean or my coffee table is dusted, may the old fashioned “Welcome” sign be hung at my door.
STOP