The Madness of Hope

Every Night They Come

Every night they come. They arrive at the door of the pastor’s home and stay until 1am. Every night they come for teaching.
There is a couch and two chairs in the small, hot living room. The people arrive, slip off their shoes at the front door, and take a seat on the tile floor. There may be ten, twenty, even thirty people.
They have come to learn from the bible. Some do not read but they listen. Others arrive with their bible, pen and paper. All are hungry to learn more from the Word of God.
Pastor and wife have a small thirteen inch TV. They are the only ones in the church with a TV. If the teaching ends early, the people stay to watch TV. They are family.
I feel selfish. I love my team here in Thailand. Yet, I am weary of conversation and long for time to myself. Today is the first day. We have three precious hours that are slipping by way to fast. I feel panic as I see I have just over an hour before the activity begins. I feel selfish. I need my time.
‘Preecha’ and his wife host people every day, until very late. They do not complain. For God has placed them as pastors over his sheep. They just smile, and love, and teach. They have a heart of love for spreading the gospel.
I pray my heart will be less selfish.