The Madness of Hope

The Packed Suitcase

I love to link up with Cindy at My Romantic Home. It gives me an opportunity to look around my home and garden and share the things that give me joy. In the past I have posted photos of pieces I have purchased around the world and wrote of the memory that accompanies them. I have posted photos of my garden with the bird house, my backyard antique chest and chairs, and the sprinkler rainbow. All these things make me happy.
To be honest, I cannot think of anything in my home right now to share with you. There is nothing today that brings joy to my soul. My mind repeated goes back to the one bare room, the almost bare closet and the full to overflowing suitcase.

My son is leaving tomorrow for Kentucky to attend a university 1864 miles from home. Sandie at Chatty Cron e told me, “Just think, it would be worse if he never left home!” That said, I am thankful he is spreading his wings and stepping out on his own. I send him off with love and prayers. However, that doesn’t detract from the fact that, today, this is the only photo I have to share today of my home.