The Madness of Hope

Resting On Gods Promises

I hear the fan whirling softly above my head, the dog biting her foot and the wind blowing through the chimney and fireplace. That is all I hear. Normally, as evening approaches there are sounds of the TV, spoons hitting against metal pans in the kitchen, the opening and shutting of the refrigerator and voices chattering about their day. It’s a new sound in my living room. It is a sound I must become accustomed to. It’s not bad, nor is it good. It is what it is, a new stage of life. Almost twenty one years have revolved around caring for babies, chasing toddlers, nurturing preschoolers, helping with homework, carpooling, wiping tears and encouraging them to grow more and more independent. Now they are gone. It’s not bad, nor is it good. It is what it is, a new stage of life. For almost twenty one years I turned down invitations, limited my involvement with others, and tried to be home when they were home. Now I am able to pursue other ministries, make my own schedule and do things I didn’t make time for before. It’s not bad, nor is it good. It is what it is; a new stage of life. In between bouts of sadness are moments of excitement. One thing I do know is that I will be spending more time on my knees than ever before. And I am resting in these promises: Blessed are all who fear the Lord, who walk in His ways. You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours. Psalm 128: 1-2 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7 Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves full to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Corinthians 15:58 This is the confidence we have in approaching God; that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
1 John 5:14