The Madness of Hope

Waves Of Mercy

“I feel His love and mercy washing over all my sin”. The song plays through my head as I lay on the beach, sunbathing, close to the water’s edge.
Waves. They never cease to hold my amazement.
From here, every now and then, I get a spray of salty mist. It is like a gentle showering of His mercy.
I watch others dive into the water as they play or surf. I hold back. It’s cold.
It makes me ponder why some do not dive into His mercy. Is it fear of being loved too much? Is it fear of failing God once again? Or can it be that in accepting God’s mercy we are called to leave behind the sin that holds us back?
Others enter slowly. Testing the water. That is ok too. Sometimes we have to give God a try to really trust. (Taste and see that the Lord is good. Psalm 34:8)
The waves never cease to hold my attention. At times they come with a gentle rise and fall. Sometimes they crash against the sand and knock us off our feet. It is like a crash of mercy that brings us to our knees, as we cannot comprehend a love so fierce.
Regardless of the reason we hold back, just as the waves continue to crash upon the sand of the beach, so God showers us over and over with unfailing love and forgiveness. So, I gaze at the waves and praise God for an unfathomable love.
“Heal my heart and make it clean. Open up my eyes to the things unseen Show me how to love as You have loved me Break my heart for what breaks Yours Everything I am from your kingdom come As I walk from earth into eternity”
“As I walk from earth into eternity.” An eternity bathed in His goodness, love and mercy. And I think eternity must be somewhere on the ocean.
So I lay enjoying the gentle spray, taking pleasure in his gentleness. I absorb the Son shining on my face. And, I feel Him lifting my soul and bringing me into His presence and mercy.
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23

On Your Heart Tuesday link opens today at 6pm. Please come back and join the party!