The Madness of Hope

T is for Tarzan

As a child growing up in Africa, we visited the United States every three years and were often asked questions like, “Did you ever meet Tarzan?” My answer would always be, “Yes, I dated him.” Well, I am here today to tell you that I married Tarzan and brought him back from Africa. For twenty-four years now, I have watched his morning routine: he takes off his shirt, looks in the mirror, flexes his muscles and beats his chest, all the while yelling out his very own mating call. At the beginning of our life together, he insisted no animals in the house, for they were wild, jungle animals. But I have now won him over as rarely a night goes by without at least one animal sleeping in our bed. Tarzan is strong and capable. From communicating with so many animals all his life, he learns languages easily. When we first moved to Central America, he seemed to know Spanish overnight. He took care of me: hiring me a maid, ordering fresh meat in the butchery and taking care of financial business: all in a language I had yet to learn. He takes control of situations and makes me feel safe. He gives me security. I never worry about money as he is a good and capable provider. He is gentle and thoughtful and learned well the rules of the natural habitat from which he came: soon providing me with three children to love and raise. And did I mention Tarzan knows the Lord? He desires God’s will for his life and is always available to pray for and help another in need. He has adjusted very well from the jungle churches to a large American church. Tarzan has more wrinkles than when I met him and he wears more clothes now. But, otherwise, he is still the man I fell in love with. In fact, he has gotten better with age. So today, as thank God for a word beginning with ‘T’, I am thankful that God sent Tarzan into my life and I pray we have many more years together. --Written by Jane--

You might also like:
Pride and Childbirth
http://www.shandaoakleyinspires.com/2011/01/pride-and-childbirth.html
I Gave up Africa for Mark
http://www.shandaoakleyinspires.com/2011/05/g-is-for-giving-up-africa-for-mark.html