The Madness of Hope

"But, What About Her????"

When you compare yourself to others, does it leave you feeling unsatisfied? I know it does me! Yet, in reading through the last chapter of John, we see where even Peter fell into this trap.

Jesus indicated the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. Then he said, to him, “Follow me!”
This death was not a glorious one, for it was the same death Jesus had died. Peter, from a distance, had seen it all. Was he to have the same fate?
Peter turned and saw John, and asked. “Lord, what about him?”
Jesus answered, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you. YOU must follow me.” (John 21:16-23)
And, so I think, “My job is to remain faithful to what Jesus wants ME to do.”
It doesn’t’ matter what plans he has for others. Nor does it matter if they follow him, lag behind or run ahead. I must not concern myself with what God chooses to do with others, except to encourage them to be all God wants them to be.
It is in comparing ourselves to others that we become dissatisfied with the plan God has chosen for our lives. It is in judging others that we justify our failures.
Contentment comes from listening to God’s voice and obeying. It comes from the knowledge that we are exactly where God wants us.
Maybe if we are not sure we are where God wants us, we need to seek Him earnestly in prayer and bible study. If we are not following God correctly, we can change that. If we are where He wants us, then we need to pray for contentment.
What others do and how God blesses them have nothing to do with us.
What a comforting and peace giving thought!
God, I'm not trying to rule the roost, I don't want to be king of the mountain. I haven't meddled where I have no business or fantasized grandiose plans. I've kept my feet on the ground. I've cultivated a quiet heart. like a baby content in its mother's arms, my soul is a baby content. Wait, Israel, for God. Wait with hope. Hope now; hope always! Psalm 131:1-3 The Message

"Happy are those who are content with the approval of Him who
sees the heart. "
Stefanie from Stefanie's Pleasant Places