The Madness of Hope

Dying Your Hair At Home

I found two boxes of hair color on clearance, each for just over four dollars. One was a light brown orange, the other a dark brown red. I bought them both. For four dollars, why not?
The decision was made to put the orange color on today, thinking that if I did not like it, then I would apply the other color next week.
The light orange came out a dark brown red. If that is the case, what will the dark brown red turn out? I didn't take into consideration that the original color of the hair makes all the difference in the world as to what the finished product looks like.
At first I was a bit disappointed then decided that I liked the color.
And I thought: Sometimes God gives us not what we desire but what He knows will be better in the long run. We may want beautiful orange skies but the dark red fire refines us and teaches us perseverance and strength. We may desire to stand out orange and different, even drawing attention to ourselves. Maybe God wants us to blend in to the crowd so only He is noticed. We may like the sweetness of an orange but he gives us lemons. The bitter emotions and events, when added with the sweetness of Christ, make a whole gallon of lemonade; enough to last a long time.
Next time God doesn’t give me what I planned, I hope I will look on the bright side and trust Him because He loves me and wants the best for me.

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it ts the Lord's purpose that prevails," Proverbs 19:21