The Madness of Hope

Starbucks Talk; A Well Seasoned Conversation

Have you ever eavesdropped into conversations while drinking a cup of coffee? Many people go to Starbucks to study but I cannot do that. I hear and get caught up in every conversation going on around me. I know far too many details about the lives of strangers!
It makes me think about my conversations and who is listening! When I meet a friend for coffee, do we gossip about the church or criticize our friends? Would strangers sitting near by lean a little closer to hopefully hear the name of the church? Would they be attracted to us or repulsed by us?
The world is watching us and listening to us. Even when we are unaware, they are eavesdropping. We are ambassadors for Christ and our every conversation should be seasoned with grace to bring glory to God.
Are my words like my coffee, strong and black? Are they filled with fake sugar? Or are they naturally sweetened and softened by wholesome milk? Those who eavesdrop into our lives should see hear humility, gentleness, love and encouragement.
Colossians 4:6b says, “Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt.”
Is your conversation seasoned with grace? May every word we utter be used to bring glory to God.