The Madness of Hope

Fear of Getting In The Way

God is revealing his plan and purpose in unmistakable ways. Yet, in the midst of joy and excitement, comes fear:
Fear that I get in the way
My desire is to lead people to a greater knowledge of God and a deeper relationship with him. But:
I fear getting in the way; of being an obstacle in the course I fear I might let my stubbornness, my insecurity, and my pride influence decisions I fear I might jeopardize His plan somehow I fear my fear I fear my fear becoming my obstacle
I don’t want people to have to go around me, I want to follow Christ and lead others where he is taking. I don’t want to get in the way.
My verse for today: “Humble yourself, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:6-7
I will trust that His plan is far bigger than me. He will not let me a stumbling block if I continually humble myself before him and before others. I will trust that He will do this.
So, today, I choose to hand him my fears because he cares. He cares not only for the plan he is unfolding but he cares for me.
Father, keep me humble, take my fear, let me follow YOU in leading your sheep into green pastures and refreshing water.