The Madness of Hope

Home Made Christmas Potpourri

2 sticks cinnamon 10 whole cloves of cloves 3 slices of orange (with peel)
I have a small crock-pot that I keep burning 24/7 during the Christmas season. I check at least once a day to make sure it is full of water and always leave it uncovered. When the smell begins to fade I start over.
This is a wonderful way to keep your house smelling like Christmas and you don’t have to blow out candles when you leave the house! Your family and guests are greeted by the pleasant smell of spices every time they walk through your door.
2 Corinthians 2:15 reads, “We are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.”
I pray that as my home fills with the fragrance of spice, so my life will carry with it the aroma of Christ. May all who comes into my presence know they have been with Christ. That can only happen if I strive to imitate Christ and walk in love just as he loved us and gave Himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

On Your Heart Tuesday link is open. Please link back to this post and take a moment to read what others have posted.