The Madness of Hope

Best Pecan Pie

Southern Pecan Pie
This recipe was given to me in Honduras by one of my missionary friends. Her pecan pies were always in demand and requested even for Birthdays!!! It is not too sweet and perfect in every way. Enjoy!

3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
4 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 t. salt
1 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
1/2 stick butter or margarine, melted and cooled
1 t. vanilla

Sprinkle pecans into pastry shell.
Beat eggs slightly, gently beating in remaining ingredients. Pour into pastry shell.
Bake at 350 for 45min. or until the center is almost set but still soft. Do not overbake!

Today, in joining with the spirit of Thanksgiving, I am thanking God for my friend, Margy, who gave me this recipe. I thank God for seventeen years of encouragement, prayer and friendship. She is even better than her pecan pie!