The Madness of Hope

A Desire Granted

A desire of my heart: one prayed over and entrusted to God, has been granted.
I rarely admit to the desires of my heart, much less seek after them. From a young age, I learned that pushing aside my wants was best as it eliminated the possibility of disappointment and hurt. Only recently have I risked exposing my heart, and I have realized that God does want to bless me. He wants to grant me the desires of my heart if I truly seek after Him in all my ways.
Opening the heart is painful. It is encased deeply in the chest and protected from harm by muscle, bone and skin. Baring this fragile organ is a frightening thing as others often do not handle it with care. Yet, God loves us. He knows every desire, disappointment, hurt and fear. And He wants to heal, strengthen and bless.
I can think of no one more worthy to entrust with my heart than God.
Today, I am thankful that God has my heart and that He has filled it with joy.
What is on your heart this Tuesday? Please link up to share your thoughts and feelings.