The Madness of Hope

I'm the Older Woman Now!

I have memories over the years of the older women who invested in my life: who encouraged me to be a stronger Christian, a godly wife and better mother. They encouraged me to use my talents to serve God, and helped build my confidence to do so.
Now I’m the older woman. It must have happened gradually but seemed overnight. Like one day you look down at your hands and they look like those of your mother rather than your own. It became a reality in my mind recently when some of my young friends mixed the word ‘mother figure in with mentor. I realized I was more than a friend, I am the older woman.
I am now one of the older women with the responsibility of ‘training the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, busy at home, to be kind, and to honor their husbands.” With that duty come intentionality to model and be the woman my mentors exemplified for me.
Somehow, as I write this, becoming older doesn’t seem so bad. For, I love the younger woman in my life and desire more than anything else to encourage them to be all God has called them to be.

Linking up for 5 Minute Friday on the word 'Older'.