The Madness of Hope

Can New Be A Process?

The word for 5 Minute Friday (no editing, no proofreading, set the timer) is GO:
Ready, Set,…. Go I just awoke, after a night of plagued by a bad migraine. I think I can finally get up now. Although the pain is still there, it is so much better. Can ‘new’ be a process? I feel myself becoming new again but I need a bit more time. When God changes us as makes us into a new woman, it takes some time? He saves us instantly but He renews us day by day. He works out his salvation in us. We are to ‘be’ holy as He is holy. But that is a lifelong process. And, just as His mercies are new every morning, should not the mercy and forgiveness we show to others be new every morning as well? It goes back to the call to forgive seventy times seven. Becoming new is process. And, since I have about one minute left and I am linking to Friday Fragments as well; I stumbled downstairs with a heavy head, seeking coffee, to find something new on my living room floor. I had left the back door open last night and my 70lb Sulcata Tortoise was inside and had left me new puddles on the floor. Big new puddles. Stop.