The Madness of Hope

Caught In The Act

I took this photo with hopes of catching the intricate black and green colors of the Mr. Fly. It was only when I downloaded it onto my computer that I noticed this fly had actually been a little busy as I was snapping his photo. I wish I could say I caught him in the act on purpose, but it was purely accidental. And, Mr. Fly was probably was a bit perturbed that I was snapping his picture at a time when he needed complete privacy.

It made me think of the times when I have unwelcome interruptions. Rarely do people intrude when I am doing my private business, but they do call or drop by at times when I'm busy. Hopefully I never give the impression that I am anything but happy to spend time with a friend.

When my children were little, they chatted away to me all day. Now they are college students and wrapped up in their own lives. So, when they come into the room and desire to share their day with me, it is not something I take for granted. I try to quickly finish off what I am doing but often a stopping point is not close by. And, at my age, if I lose my train of thought, I may not get it back!

Yet, I have to remind myself that my kids are more important than anything else. Never do I want them to think that my computer is more important than what they have to say. In the all to near future, they will be gone, and my heart will ache and long for them to walk in the door and tell me what is going on in their lives.

I remember the days when my children would talk to me while I was doing my private business. And so, I say to Mr. Fly, “I am really sorry to have interrupted you. Please forgive me.”

And to my kids, I say, “Come. Tell me what’s on your mind. You can interrupt me anytime.”

Media and Parenting Media and My Marriage Media and My Relationship With God Media and My Homemaking