The Madness of Hope

Best Chocolate Cake Ever

I stand in awe of all you fabulous people out there who cook up incredibly delicious dishes, taking photos at each stage, and then serving them on beautifully decorated tables. I rarely cook, would never take a photo inside my rather messy kitchen, and cannot get to the table for the stacks of mail. Nor could I remember how much I put in my platter of any given ingredient.
There is one thing I do make well and I will share it with you.

Pour dry mix into bowl. Eat as much of it as you like. Dry cake mix is the best. I prefer vanilla
. Add: 3 eggs (2 eggs if you ate a lot of the dry mix) ¼ cup oil. (If I want to be healthy I use yogurt. Don’t use olive oil. I tried it and didn’t like it) 1/3 cup water (or milk if you are low on calcium) Add whatever floats your boat that day: instant coffee, chocolate chips, nuts…

Mix, Reserve 1/4 cup of cake batter to eat raw.
Bake in a 9x13 pan at 350 until it looks done or whenever you remember to take it out. Cool.

Spread with Duncan Hines Chocolate frosting. Depending on what you have in your kitchen, sprinkle over the top: coconut, chocolate chips or nuts. Be sure to lick the container clean.

Best eaten in front of the TV with your family.

Smart and Trendy Moms